Powered By Blogger

Monday 15 March 2010

Working With A Mac

Well, the Macbook Pro has arrived - and after years of working with PCs, it all looks a little unfamiliar!

How quick does it boot up?! Fantastic. I have worked out that the bottom of the screen is called the ‘dock’. Having browsed through the programs that the Macbook comes with - I have seen that there are huge similarities between Apple’s other products. The iPod touch that I have is very similar with an icon based menu and a ‘one touch’ mailbox is reassuringly simple to set up.

Mentioning the iPod touch reminds me of the purpose of this blog......not just to spout on and on about the different features of Macs, but to chart my experiences as I discover the highlights and the inevitable pitfalls of building an educational app for Apple products.

It may be a long road that is lying ahead......who knows?! I reckon the first step is to see what sort of online tools there are out there. More next time.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Chris :-) Let me know if you need any help, although I'm sure you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete